Here’s a guest post from one of my favourite youtubers on baby meals. She drops two freebie baby friendly recipes, perfect for your baby’s first meals.
My baby bump for both of my sons was small. Whenever I went for a scan, I was reminded they would be small babies if I didn’t eat more… I had quite an appetite for both pregnancies too. When I finally had them, they were 2.7 and 2.6kg; small babies.
The headache of ensuring constant, healthy weight gain for my kids started! In the beginning, of course, I had to ensure they were getting enough breastmilk. When I started both boys on solids at 5 months, I had to continue offering healthy choices – it was such a chore!
Raising two boys with enormous appetites, one has to try as much as possible to steer clear of as much junk food as possible. The quest for this led me to start up my very own YouTube channel centred around meal options for children in the age range of my two wonderful boys.
Among all the healthy weight gain food options, the hits with my boys have been: eggs and avocados.
I will share two recipes with these two ingredients:
- Half of a medium-sized avocado
- Breast milk or baby’s formula
- In a clean bowl, using a fork, mash your washed and peeled avocado until it is of a fine and smooth consistency.
- Add breast milk or formula and mix very well.
PS: My sons didn’t really enjoy this puree so I always added banana to give it natural sweetness.
- Cooked Potatoes/Sweet potatoes
- Hard boiled egg
- Slice of avocado
- In a clean bowl, using a fork, put in your diced cooked potatoes and mash.
- Add in the avocado and keep mashing.
- Add in the egg yolk and mash that too till it is mixed up well.
- You can serve your baby with this puree just as it is or thin it with breast milk, formula or warm water.
- For toddlers or as a finger food, the puree can be used as spread for bread, just as you would use peanut butter or chocolate spread.
Do head to my YouTube channel – Taste and Bloom – for more baby and toddler –friendly recipes.
Want to submit a guest post? Send an email to email@example.com
We’d love to hear your mom/dad voice.